Information technology practitioners use Pearson VUE exam vouchers to pay for their certification exams. While these certifications are important for validating new skills, they also help organizations meet industry standards and maintain licensing agreements with their vendors. IT practitioners earn certifications after months of intense study and the successful completion of one or more IT exams. Although the cost will vary by vendor and certification, you can bet almost every IT exam will be completed through Pearson VUE.
What is Pearson VUE?
Pearson VUE is the largest test administrator in the industry, and provides testing opportunities for millions of people around the world. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Pearson VUE provides testing centers throughout most countries and in every major city throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Pearson VUE provides exams for nearly every industry including:
- Academia and Admissions
- Financial and Related Services
- Health Care
- Information Technology
- US Licensing and Global Regulatory
Anyone planning a career in IT will eventually become familiar with Pearson VUE. After all, this is where you’ll likely purchase an IT exam voucher and take your exam.
What Are Exam Vouchers?
IT exam vouchers are prepaid seats to high-stakes exams, and can lower certification costs if they’re included with training purchases. Training providers sometimes include IT exam vouchers as a part of a training package, which saves money and eliminates the need to allocate funds at a later time.
Pearson VUE provides these exam vouchers for industry giants like Microsoft, Cisco, Palo Alto, VMware, AWS, Oracle, CompTIA, and more. Since testing facilities are located all over the country, scheduling and writing an IT exam is quite simple.
Preparing for Your IT Exam
IT exams are meant to be difficult, so do everything you can to ensure you’re properly prepared. To ensures your success, use this pre-exam checklist.
- Make sure you pass your practice exams- two or three times, with a 90 percent or better.
- Make sure your practice exams are up-to-date.
- Focus on your weaknesses.
- Prepare for hands-on or lab exercises.
- Get good sleep prior to your exam.
Schedule Your IT Exam
Scheduling your IT exam with Pearson VUE is quite simple. Pearson VUE also makes it easy to cancel or reschedule an exam if necessary.
Here’s how you schedule:
- Go to Pearson VUE and click on “For test takers.”
- Create an account with Pearson VUE
- Go to your testing program landing page
- Sign in
- Choose an exam, location and date
- Pay for the exam with a debit/credit card or a Pearson VUE voucher.
- The details of your purchase will be emailed to you.
What to Expect on Exam Day
On the day of your exam, you’ll need to agree to the following:
- You’ll need to show valid ID.
- You’ll need to take a palm scan.
- You’ll need to provide an online signature.
- You’ll need to store all personal items in a security box, with your devices powered off.
- Do not bring any test prep materials.
- You’ll need to show proof of empty pockets.
- You’ll need to allow a test administrator to inspect any eyewear.
- Scratch paper and writing utensils will be provided.
- The room will be videoed and monitored by a test administrator.
- You can pause the test and ask a question by raising your hand.
Those with disabilities can request test accommodations. Pearson VUE provides accommodations for test takers who can show a documented disability.
- An alternate testing room
- Extra testing time
- A reader or recorder
Summing It Up
Do you have more questions about IT exam vouchers? Do you want to learn more about IT exams? Download our informative GUIDE and learn more about vouchers and what to expect on exam day.