Accelerate, Secure and Integrate with IBM DataPower v7.1
This basic course is designed for integration developers who configure service policies on IBM DataPower Gateway appliances.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course teaches you the fundamental skills that are required to configure, implement, and troubleshoot services that are developed on the IBM DataPower Gateway (IDG) appliances with firmware version 7.1.x. The concepts in this course are also beneficial to system administrators of the DataPower appliance, although there is a separate course for administrators.
The DataPower Gateway Appliances allow an enterprise to simplify, accelerate, and enhance the security capabilities of its XML and web services deployments, and extend the capabilities of its service-oriented architecture (SOA) infrastructure. The appliances also extend these capabilities into the JSON, REST, and Mobile application areas.
Through a combination of instructor-led lectures and hands-on lab exercises, you learn how to implement the key use cases for the DataPower appliances. These include web service virtualization, web services security, integrating with IBM MQ, Mobile and REST support, integrating with OAuth 2.0, and authentication, authorization, and auditing (AAA). You also learn how to use various problem determination tools such as logs, monitors, and probes, and techniques for testing DataPower services and handling errors.
Hands-on exercises give you experience working directly with a DataPower Gateway appliance. The exercises focus on skills such as creating multi-protocol gateways and web service proxies, working with encryption and cryptographic objects, configuring service level monitoring, troubleshooting services, and handling errors.
- Course introduction
- Quick introduction to developing on DataPower
- Exercise: First exposure to the DataPower developer environment
- Services overview
- Structure of a service
- Exercise: Creating a BookingService gateway
- Multi-protocol gateway service
- Problem determination tools
- Exercise: Enhancing the BookingService gateway
- Handling errors in a service policy
- Exercise: Adding error handling to a service policy
- DataPower cryptographic tools and SSL setup
- Exercise: Creating cryptographic objects and configuring SSL
- XML and web services security overview
- Exercise: Web service encryption and digital signatures
- Authentication, authorization, and auditing (AAA)
- Exercise: Web services authentication and authorization
- REST and JSON support for Web 2.0 and mobile applications
- Exercise: Using DataPower to implement REST services
- OAuth overview and DataPower implementation
- Exercise: Defining a three-legged OAuth scenario that uses DataPower services
- DataPower caching
- Exercise: Configuring a response cache
- Integrating with IBM MQ
- Exercise: Configuring a multi-protocol gateway service with IBM MQ
- Web service proxy service
- Exercise: Configuring a web service proxy
- Service level monitoring
- Exercise: Implementing a service level monitor in a web service proxy
- Patterns for service configuration
- Exercise: Using a DataPower pattern with the Blueprint console
- Course summary