Access Control in Windows Server 2008 R2
This path is intended for administrators working with Windows Server 2008 who need to update their knowledge of new features and improvements provided by the Windows Server 2008 R2 release. It is also of interest to administrators planning on implementing Windows Server 2008 environments that may include Windows Server 2008 R2.
Individuals should have a minimum of one year of experience implementing and administering a network operating system, including one or more Windows Server 2008 servers; familiarity with Active Directory Domain Services management and administration of domain controllers; familiarity with implementation and security of network services such as file and print, the Internet, an intranet, remote access, high availability, and client computer management; and familiarity with connectivity requirements such as connecting branch offices and individual users in remote locations to the corporate network and connecting corporate networks to the Internet.
Windows Server 2008 R2 has improved on a number of access control features introduced in Windows Server 2008 and also provides some new functionality. This course examines the advancements in access control, including the introduction of AppLocker, BitLocker To Go, the new principle of authentication method assurance, and enhancements to Network Access Protection.
Access Control Features in Windows Server 2008 R2
- enable default rules using AppLocker
- recognize the benefits of using AppLocker
- distinguish between the capabilities of BitLocker and BitLocker To Go
- recognize the requirements for using authentication mechanism assurance
- recognize the process for implementing authentication mechanism assurance
- use templates in Network Policy Server
- identify the new Network Access Protection functionality in Windows Server 2008 R2
- configure authentication mechanism assurance, in a given scenario
- create and apply templates in Network Policy Server, in a given scenario
- configure AppLocker in a given scenario