Accident Investigation and Reporting
Supervisors, potential accident investigation team members, and employees involved in an accident investigation
This course will provide an overview of accident investigation and reporting procedures. The accident investigation and reporting process helps to provide a safe working environment by determining the causes of an accident, and then reporting them so that accidents can be prevented in the future. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements.
Learner objectives for this course are to differentiate between the three cause levels of accidents, recognize why an accident should be investigated, recall the steps for conducting a formal investigation, identify recommended interviewing techniques, describe problem-solving techniques commonly used in accident investigation, and recall topics included in an investigative report.
Accident Investigation and Reporting Method
- describe why an accident investigation should be conducted
- differentiate between the three cause levels of accidents
- describe actions that are part of the investigation procedure
- identify actions that take place during the fact-finding phase of accident investigation
- identify recommended guidelines for interviewing witnesses
- describe problem-solving techniques commonly used in an accident investigation
- identify investigation reporting techniques