Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2008 R2
This path is intended for administrators working with Windows Server 2008 who need to update their knowledge of new features and improvements provided by the Windows Server 2008 R2 release. It is also of interest to administrators planning on implementing Windows Server 2008 environments that may include Windows Server 2008 R2.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Windows Server 2008 R2 is the 2009 refresh of Microsofts Windows Server product. This R2 release introduces improvements to existing features as well as the addition of new functionality. This course introduces the changes to Active Directory Domain Services administration including a review of key considerations when installing a new Windows Server 2008 R2 domain controller to your AD DS infrastructure and the new Active Directory Administrative Center (ADAC) provided for easier Active Directory object management. The course also introduces the new Active Directory Recycle Bin and demonstrates how to enable it and use it to restore a deleted Active Directory object. Another popular new feature highlighted is the ability to perform offline domain joins; discussed are the conditions surrounding an offline join and the steps involved in joining a computer while offline.
Active Directory Domain Services Features
- identify the changes in the Windows Server 2008 installation process
- prepare an existing infrastructure for the addition of a Windows Server 2008 R2 domain controller
- recognize how to migrate server roles to Windows Server 2008 R2
- install the Active Directory Administrative Center for a given scenario
- manage objects using the Active Directory Administrative Center
- identify the functions of Active Directory Web Services
Active Directory Recycle Bin and Offline Join
- recognize the commands to enable the Active Directory Recycle Bin
- identify the requirements for enabling the Active Directory Recycle Bin
- display the Deleted Objects container
- recognize the commands to restore a deleted Active Directory object using Ldp.exe
- restore objects using Windows PowerShell
- recognize how to perform an offline domain join operation using djoin.exe
- recognize the benefits of an offline domain join
- enable the Active Directory Recycle Bin, for a given scenario
- perform an offline domain join, for a given scenario