Advanced Resource Management with Project 2010
Individuals familiar with basic project concepts who wish to use Microsoft Project 2010 at an advanced level
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
An important ingredient in managing projects is the ability to easily identify potential resource issues and the impact they could have on the overall project schedule. This course covers advanced resource and scheduling adjustments, such as how to delay task start dates and apply predetermined work contours to manage assignments. You will also become familiar with Team Planner, a graphical view that allows you to view and adjust work assignments with drag-and-drop action. This course also includes several methods for leveling resources and correcting overallocation issues, including Project’s built-in resource leveling tool.
Adjusting Tasks and Work Assignments
- delay the start of a task
- apply a work contour to an assignment
- recognize how to modify resource assignments using the Team Planner
- use strategies to adjust resource assignments in Project 2010
- determine the appropriate method for dealing with a given resource overallocation
- use the resource leveling tool in Project 2010
- use Leveling Gantt view to assess results of resource leveling
- level resources for a project