AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals
This intermediate course is appropriate for experienced UNIX system administrators who want to support AIX running on POWER processor based systems in a mult-iuser POWER (System p) partitioned environment.
You should be able to use basic UNIX commands including:
- Execute basic AIX commands
- Manage files and directories
- Use the vi editor
- Use redirection, pipes, and tees
- Use the utilities find and grep
- Use command and variable substitution
- Set and change Korn shell variables
- Write simple shell scripts
These skills can be acquired by attending AIX 6 Basics (AN100) or through equivalent AIX/UNIX knowledge.
You should also have experience administering a UNIX operating system (such as Solaris, HP/UX, and others) including:
- User management and system security
- System shutdown and restart
- Backup and recovery
- System task scheduling
Learn to install, customize and administer the AIX operating system in a multi-user POWER (System p) partitioned environment.
The course is based on AIX 7 running on a Power system managed by Hardware Management Console Version 7 and provides practical discussions that are appropriate to earlier AIX releases.