AIX Network Installation Manager (NIM): Concepts and Configuration
This intermediate course is appropriate for anyone with system administrative duties installing and managing an AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER (System p) environment.
You should have basic AIX systems administration skills and be able to use HMC V7 to manage POWER-based managed systems
These skills may be obtained by attending:
- Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN110)
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN120)
Learn the fundamental capabilities of the Network Installation Management (NIM) facility of the AIX 6 operating system.
This course uses a combination of instructor lecture and machine exercises to provide you with practical background knowledge.
- Unit 1 – NIM overview
- Exercise 1 – NIM overview
- Unit 2 – Setting up the master
- Exercise 2 – Setting up the NIM master
- Unit 3 – RTE installation
- Exercise 3 – RTE installation
- Unit 4 – Customizing install operations
- Exercise 4 – Customizing install operations
- Unit 5 – NIM backups and restores
- Exercise 5 – NIM backups and restores
- Unit 6 – Managing key NIM resources
- Exercise 6 – Managing key NIM resources
- Unit 7 – Client updates
- Exercise 7 – Client updates