AJAX, the SharePoint Ribbon, and Content Type Development in SharePoint 2010
The audience for this path includes developers who use Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and consultants who provide consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Candidates for the exam should have the following prerequisites: Exam 70-573: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development, 3 years ASP.NET experience, 2 years experience developing with SharePoint 2007, and experience leading a development team.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 is a business collaboration platform where people can collaborate, set up web sites, manage documents, and provide intelligence to make key business decisions. This course provides insight into the visual components of SharePoint which include Ajax and the new server ribbon. Also, this course covers the use and implementation of custom field types and delegate controls. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-576: PRO: Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Applications. Passing this exam will earn the learner (MCPD): SharePoint Developer 2010 certification.
Implementing AJAX and the SharePoint Ribbon
- recognize the AJAX approach in a SharePoint environment
- describe how to build rich Internet applications for ASP.NET with AJAX
- recognize how to incorporate AJAX into SharePoint web parts
- describe the architecture of the SharePoint Server Ribbon
- add custom styles and buttons to the SharePoint Ribbon
- replace a button on the Server Ribbon for a site collection
- implement AJAX applications in a SharePoint environment
- customize the SharePoint Ribbon
Content Type Development in SharePoint 2010
- recognize content types as development building blocks in SharePoint 2010
- recognize columns and field types as development building blocks in SharePoint 2010
- create a custom field type
- recognize the DelegateControl Class in SharePoint 2010
- customize a delegate control
- work with custom field types
- work with delegate controls