Aligning Goals and Priorities to Manage Time
Anyone at any level in a company who wants to get some practical guidance for how to manage their time.
Meeting targets and achieving goals consistently regardless of the business situation isn’t easy. A big part of doing this successfully is managing time effectively. In this course, you’ll learn why it’s important to align your goals with your company’s goals, and you’ll learn how to do it with a goal alignment worksheet. You’ll also learn how to ask questions to clarify goals, and how to establish and prioritize priorities based on these goals.
Separating What’s Important From What’s Not
- recognize how misaligned goals can result in a lack of clarity at work
- sequence examples of the steps for using a goal alignment worksheet to align your goals with organizational goals
- ask questions that will help you clarify your goals so you know what is important
- identify some guiding principles that can help you prioritize your work effectively
- match tasks to their appropriate level of urgency and importance as defined in a Priority Matrix
- determine your goals and then prioritize your work tasks according to their importance and urgency