Back Safety and Injury Prevention Canada
This course is designed to bring awareness into the work environment and help eliminate preventable back injuries. It will provide information regarding job-specific hazards, safe work practices, and ergonomics. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements and best practice guidelines.
Learner objectives for this course are to identify job-specific hazards that contribute to preventable back injuries, describe ergonomic considerations that minimize back injuries in the workplace, and recall safe work practices that minimize back injuries.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by the Pinchin Group of Companies, an environmental health and safety consulting firm with offices across Canada.
- identify job-specific hazards that contribute to preventable back injuries
- select attributes of a proper posture
- identify ways to minimize back injuries
- identify the elements of an ergonomic workstation
- cite examples of engineering controls
- cite examples of administrative controls
- cite examples of work practice controls