Back Safety and Injury Prevention
This course is designed to bring awareness into the work environment and help eliminate preventable back injuries. It will provide information regarding job-specific hazards, safe work practices, and ergonomics. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements.
This course covers job-specific hazards that contribute to preventable back injuries, ergonomic considerations that minimize back injuries in the workplace, and safe work practices that minimize back injuries.
- identify job-specific hazards that contribute to preventable back injuries
- select attributes of a proper posture
- identify ways to minimize back injuries
- identify the elements of an ergonomic workstation
- cite examples of engineering controls
- cite examples of administrative controls
- cite examples of work practice controls