Business Law and the Manager’s Responsibilities
Management-level learners who want to develop a better understanding of the legal obligations they have as employees of their organizations
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Do you know what your legal responsibilities are as a manager? Do you know that in certain circumstances you may be held personally responsible for the actions of others? How can you protect your organization and yourself when dealing with legal issues? As a manager, knowing the answers to these questions can help you make decisions that are better for you and your organization.
It is essential that managers understand the principles of business law as they fulfill their responsibilities. This course will explore the impact and legal implications of your decisions at work. It will also outline your responsibility for the actions of your subordinates and familiarize you with basic legal issues, such as liability and whistleblowing. Finally, it will provide you with strategies you can use in your day-to-day responsibilities to help ensure that you’re managing legally and safely.
Your Responsibilities Regarding Business Law
- recognize which elements of a corporate scenario justify piercing the corporate veil
- recognize the importance of the corporate veil concept for the actions of individual managers and employees
- recognize how to handle concerns and warnings appropriately
- recognize the sensitivities in a communication scenario that could potentially lead to legal consequences
- determine the manager’s responsibilities in terms of the implications of vicarious liability in a scenario