Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH): Buffer Overflow
Network and information security professionals
Buffer overflow attacks exploit vulnerabilities in an application due to mishandling of occurrences of data buffers being presented with more data than they were intended to hold. This course looks at buffer overflow attack methodology and tools, and countermeasures. This course is the sixteenth in a series of courses which can used in preparation for the Certified Ethical Hacker 312-50, exam. The course has been developed in partnership with EC-Council and is based on their Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures course materials and labs.
- identify types of buffer overflow
- sequence the steps in a buffer overflow attack
- sequence the steps for testing for a stack overflow vulnerability
- recognize countermeasures against buffer overflow attacks
- identify buffer overflow attack methodology and tools, and how to counter them