CIPTV1 – Implementing Cisco IP Telephony and Video Part 1 v1.0
Network professionals who install, configure, and manage Cisco collaboration solutions
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This hands-on course prepares you for implementing a Cisco collaboration solution in a single-site environment.
Focusing primarily on Cisco Unified Communications Manager v10.x, you will learn post-installation tasks, such as configuring users and associating them with phones, as well as more advanced topics such as dial plan design and configuration, single site on-cluster and off-cluster calling, Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP), H.323 call signaling, SIP trunks, audio and video conferencing, QoS, and media resources. In addition, you will use the Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) with SIP Trunks.
With the increasing importance of video and video conferencing, you will also learn the configuration tasks for audio and video conference bridges, Cisco TelePresence conferencing products (including TelePresence Server, TelePresence MCU, and TelePresence Conductor). The dial plan lessons are enhanced with URI dialing for endpoints.
For self-paced learning, you will have access to this course for 12 months from the purchase date.
1. Cisco Unified Communications Manager Introduction
- Describing the Role of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Its Architecture, and Its Deployment and Redundancy Options
- Performing Initial Cisco Unified Communications Manager Configuration
- Deploying Endpoints and Users
- Deploying IP Phone Services
2. Dial Plan Introduction and Implementation of Single-Site On-Cluster Calling
- Describing Dial Plan Components
- Implementing Endpoint Addressing and Call Routing
- Implementing Calling Privileges
- Implementing Call Coverage in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
3. Implementation of Single-Site Off-Cluster Calling
- Analyzing Single-Site Off-Cluster Calling Requirements
- Implementing PSTN Access Using MGCP Gateways
- Describing Cisco IOS H.323 and SIP Gateways
- Implementing PSTN access Using H.323 Gateways
- Describing the Cisco Unified Border Element
- Using the Cisco Unified Border Element to Access the PSTN via a SIP Trunk
- Using the Cisco Unified Border Element for URI Dialing
- Describing Dial Plan Interworking
4. Media Resources
- Describing Media Resources in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Implementing Annunciators and MOH
- Implementing MTPs
5. Audio and Video Conferencing
- Describing Conferencing Devices and Their Functions
- Implementing Conference Bridges
- Describing Cisco TelePresence MSE 8000
- Implementing Cisco TelePresence Server
- Implementing Cisco TelePresence Conductor
6. Quality of Service
- Analyzing Quality of Service Requirements
- Describing QoS Components and their Functions
- Implementing Marking
- Implementing Policing and Shaping