CISA Domain: IS Operations, Maintenance and Support – Part 1
Information Systems professionals with an interest in information systems audit, control and security. A minimum of five years of professional information systems auditing, control or security work experience is required for certification.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Auditing IS functions must take the hardware and infrastructure resources into account. This course examines IS operation and how it is managed along with IS hardware, and the various components that need to be monitored and audited. This course also examines the architecture of the software and the data management systems that are used in an IS environment. The Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification is known world-wide as the standard of achievement for those who assess, audit, control, and monitor an organization’s information systems. CISA has been given ISO/IEC 17024:2003 certification by The American National Standards Institute (ANSI). This course will help to prepare learners for the CISA examination and follows the 2014 ISACA Candidate Information Guide.
IS Operations and Hardware
- recognize IS management operations
- recognize IS monitoring and support operations
- recognize IS change management
- match computer hardware components and architectures with their correct descriptions
- recognize hardware maintenance and monitoring procedures
- implement capacity planning
- describe the different types of information systems operations
- recognize information systems hardware concepts
IS Architecture and Infrastructure Auditing
- describe operating systems and access control
- recognize database communications and management systems
- recognize tape and disk management systems and utility programs
- recognize software licensing issues and define digital rights management
- recognize the different types of review questions asked during infrastructure and operations auditing
- recognize IS architecture and software concepts
- recognize how to audit infrastructure and operations