Cisco CIPT1 8.0: Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration
Anyone wishing to obtain the Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP Voice designation that validates the skills and knowledge required in order to create a voice solution that is transparent, scalable, and manageable.Established IT professionals with a good understanding of networking and Cisco technology, the basics of digital interfaces, PSTN, and VoIP, fundamental knowledge of converged voice and data networks, and the ability to configure Cisco IOS gateways with traditional and VoIP call legs.Candidates who have completed the Cisco Certified Network Associate Voice (CCNA Voice) Certification which is obtained by completing the Introducing Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Administration 640-461 (ICOMM) v8.0 exam.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) configuration includes basic settings plus specific settings that depend on the features and services that are used and performing the system administration by configuring initial basic settings is the first important task in your deployment. Another important step of CUCM administration is user management. CUCM includes several features that are related to user accounts, including end-user features and administrative privileges. The user accounts can be managed using CUCM configuration tools or by integrating CUCM with a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) directory.
This course describes how basic settings on CUCM are configured to enable the system and prepare CUCM for endpoint deployment. The types of user accounts that are used by CUCM and how they can be managed are also explored.
Cisco UCM Service Activation and Initial Settings
- describe how basic settings on Cisco Unified Communications Manager are configured
- differentiate between network and feature services managed using Cisco Unified Serviceability
- describe the features of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Enterprise Parameters
- describe the characteristics of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Enterprise Phone Configuration
- describe the purpose of service parameters
Managing User Accounts in Cisco UCM
- match the administrator account use to its account type
- recognize how to assign user privileges to application and end users
- describe the methods of user management in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- describe Cisco Unified Communications Manager BAT user management operation
- create user accounts using the CUCM Bulk Administration Tool (BAT)
- identify the types of LDAP support provided by Cisco Unified Communications Manager