Cisco DESGN 2.1: Design Considerations for Basic Wireless Networking
Anyone wishing to obtain the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCDA) certification that validates the knowledge and skills required to successfully design Cisco converged networks. Candidates who have completed the 640-816, 640-822, or 640-802 Cisco Certified Cisco Network Associate certification exam.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
In order to design wireless networks it is important to have an understanding of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network architecture and wireless design principles in order to have the necessary guidelines for successful wireless network design.
This course reviews the Cisco Unified Wireless Network including the fundamental architectural concepts and deployment considerations necessary to design a basic Cisco Unified Wireless Network solution. The course also describes wireless networks using controllers; It explains how access points and controllers integrate into enterprise network. The course concludes with useful guidelines for designing wireless networks with controllers for enterprise environments.
Cisco Unified Wireless Network Review
- describe the Cisco Unified Wireless Network architecture
- distinguish between the fundamentals and functions of CAPWAP and LWAPP
- recognize how the base Cisco Unified Wireless Network components are connected to the enterprise network
- match the components of Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers to their descriptions
- determine how access points can be scaled to a network in a given scenario
Wireless Network Controller Technology
- describe how a lightweight access point connects to a WLC
- describe the basic operational considerations for supporting mobility in a Cisco Unified Wireless Network deployment
- describe controller redundancy design considerations
- describe the function of Radio Resource Management and RF groups in wireless networking
Designing Wireless Networks Using Controllers
- describe the reasons that an RF site survey is used in wireless network design
- sequence the steps in the RF Site Survey Process
- identify design considerations for Cisco Unified Wireless Networks supporting the enterprise campus
- identify design considerations for branch wireless network design
- describe how to support guest access in a wireless network
- describe the features of Mesh deployment