Cisco DESGN 2.1: Designing the Enterprise WAN and Branch
Anyone wishing to obtain the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCDA) certification that validates the knowledge and skills required to successfully design Cisco converged networks. Candidates who have completed the 640-816, 640-822, or 640-802 Cisco Certified Cisco Network Associate certification exam.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Many WAN technologies exist today, and new technologies are constantly emerging. You should be aware of possible WAN design choices when considering enterprise requirements as the most appropriate WAN selection generally results in high efficiency and user satisfaction. This course describes the characteristics of WAN architectures and includes a general discussion of how WAN design influences the selection of hardware components and software features.
The Cisco Enterprise Branch Architecture takes into account services such as voice, data, video, and security that customers want to deploy at their endpoints, no matter how far away the endpoints are or how they are connected. Using Borderless Networks, the Cisco Enterprise Branch Architecture should provide seamless connectivity. An effective network design for enterprise branches and teleworkers requires knowledge of the campus technologies this course explains how to propose a basic design for the enterprise branch and enterprise teleworkers.
Designing the Enterprise WAN
- recognize the features of traditional WAN and remote network access designs
- recognize features of VPN designs
- identify features of enterprise managed VPN’s
- identify features of service provider managed VPNs
- identify the primary WAN backup technologies
- describe how to select the enterprise WAN architecture
- recognize considerations that are needed when selecting WAN components
Designing the Enterprise Branch
- describe the Cisco enterprise branch architecture technologies
- identify new features on the ISR G2 routers
- recognize the enterprise branch design considerations
- choose a suitable enterprise branch office design for a given example