Cisco DESGN 2.1: Security Solutions for the Network
Anyone wishing to obtain the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCDA) certification that validates the knowledge and skills required to successfully design Cisco converged networks. Candidates who have completed the 640-816, 640-822, or 640-802 Cisco Certified Cisco Network Associate certification exam.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
The Cisco SAFE architecture provides the security design guidelines for building secure and reliable network infrastructures that are resilient to both well-known and new forms of attacks. It is important to understand the elements of the Cisco SAFE architecture and how it can be used with an enterprise security policy to counter threats. A modular approach to network security simplifies the network design and ensures that a security breach in one network module will remain isolated and not affect the entire network.
This course introduces the Cisco SAFE architecture strategy for designing network security and discusses the Cisco solutions that are available for designing and deploying secure networks. This course also discusses how security is integrated in Cisco network devices. How to design network security solutions for the enterprise network using Cisco security solutions and network devices is also covered.
Understanding the Cisco SAFE Approach
- identify the key concepts behind the Cisco SAFE architecture
- select appropriate safeguards to use between domains of trust
- describe identity authentication methods
- describe network access control mechanisms
- recognize trust and identity management technology implementation in an enterprise environment
- identify best practices for ACL deployment
- identify the guidelines for incorporating physical security into an overall security policy
- identify best practices for infrastructure protection
- describe the function of threat detection and mitigation technologies
- identify solutions that can be used to support threat detection and mitigation
- describe the function of confidentiality methods
- describe how transmission integrity methods for security design work
- identify functions of security management
Selecting Network Security Solutions
- describe the security features that are integrated into Cisco network devices
- recognize the appropriate security devices and solutions to deploy at particular locations in an enterprise network