Cisco Optical Technology Advanced (OPT300)
- Technical professionals who need to know how to deploy data over the DWDM network.
- System engineers and implementation staff
- Network operations center personnel
- Technical support personnel who are involved with the deployment, operations, and maintenance of the Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP system
- Channel partners and resellers
Please contact us for more details.
This course covers topics not covered in the intermediate version. You will learn how to design DWDM networks using the Cisco Transport Planning (CTP) tool. You learn how the 40- and 80-channel mesh networks are designed, and you set up a six-node WXC-based 40- or 80-channel mesh network. You will also learn how the 40-channel SMR1 and/or SMR2 network is designed and set up a six-node 40-channel network. In the hands-on labs, you learn to configure: the Cisco Transport Controller, the 10 Gbps (G) data cards, the 1 gigabit/10 gigabit Ethernet enhanced crossponder, any rate muxponder and crossponder, 100G transponders and muxponders, 10G encryption, and T1 over Ethernet. There is also a review of G.709 encapsulation, G.7041 Generic Framing Protocol (GFP), forward error correction and coherent transmission. Additionally, you will learn how to add a node to the existing six-node ring and troubleshoot the configuration. The course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs throughout to make sure that you are able to successfully deploy a Cisco data over DWDM network.