Cisco ROUTE 2.0: Configuring Routing Protocol Redistribution
Anyone wishing to obtain real-world routing knowledge, and those that are considering CCNP and CCIP certification. This learning path’s discussion of routing could also benefit early CCIE Routing and Switching candidates. Students completing the ROUTE 2.0 learning path should have a solid foundation in routing fundamentals, Cisco IOS basics, and Cisco routing basics. Attending the ICND1 and ICND2 classes or having the CCNA certification will fulfill these expectations.
Simple routing protocols work well for simple networks, but as networks grow and become more complex, it may be necessary to change the routing protocols. Often, the transition between routing protocols takes place gradually, so there are multiple routing protocols that are operating in the network for variable lengths of time.
This course describes how these problems can be resolved by redistribution from one routing protocol to another. You will also learn how Cisco routers make route selections when multiple protocols are active in the network.
Implementing Basic Routing Protocol Redistribution
- start the course
- describe the need for redistribution of routing protocols
- define route redistribution
- describe route redistribution between two routing protocols
- determine default metrics for redistributed routes
Redistributing into OSPF
- identify the router mode used to redistribute one routing domain into another
- change metric type for EIGRP routes redistributed into OSPF
- configure redistribution from EIGRP to OSPFv3 for IPv6 routes
- configure IPv6 connected subnets for redistribution
- identify how cost is used for E1 and E2 external routes
Redistributing into EIGRP
- redistribute OSPF routes into EIGRP
- modify the metric for a redistributed route into EIGRP
- configure redistribution from OSPFv3 to EIGRP for IPv6 routes
- recognize the types of redistribution
- list the issues that can occur with mutual redistribution
Practice: Implementing Basic Redistribution
- implement basic redistribution