Cisco TSHOOT 1.0: Maintaining and Troubleshooting Network Security Solutions
The audience profile for SkillSoft’s TSHOOT 1.0: Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks training will be established IT professionals. They should have completed 640-802 Cisco Certified Network Associate, or 640-822 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 and 640-816 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2. In addition to 640-802 Cisco Certified Network Associate certification, it is recommended that they have practical experience in installing, operating, and maintaining Cisco routers and switches in an enterprise environment.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Any network that is deployed needs to be secured. The level of security that you need and the features that will be deployed are dependent on the organization and its security policies. Implementation of infrastructure security has a definite impact on network maintenance and troubleshooting processes as the security features add an extra layer of complexity to the network and introduce a plethora of new potential problem causes. Security features tend to focus on restricting the flow of traffic, and because of that, engineers should be aware of the features implemented at each point in the network and how they affect network connectivity.
Another important aspect of troubleshooting in a secured network is that the actions that an engineer is allowed to perform might be limited by the security policy. As part of the change control procedures, each change needs to be evaluated for compliance with the security policy. Even temporary changes made as part of the diagnosis during troubleshooting processes need to be carefully evaluated against the policies of the organization.
This course reviews security features that are commonly deployed in routed and switched network infrastructures and focuses on the diagnosis and resolution of network connectivity problems in a secured infrastructure.
The Impact of Security Features
- recognize the impact of security features when troubleshooting device management functions
- recognize the impact of security features when troubleshooting control and data plane security
Troubleshooting Layer 4 Issues
- diagnose and resolve transport layer problems in a structured manner
- verify the operation of Cisco IOS Firewall stateful packet inspection
- diagnose and resolve problems related to the use of AAA on routers and switches
- diagnose and resolve network connectivity issues in a secured infrastructure
- identify the major components of network troubleshooting processes for complex environments