Cisco TSHOOT 1.0: Maintenance, Troubleshooting Tools, & Applications
The audience profile for SkillSoft’s TSHOOT 1.0: Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks training will be established IT professionals. They should have completed 640-802 Cisco Certified Network Associate, or 640-822 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 and 640-816 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2. In addition to 640-802 Cisco Certified Network Associate certification, it is recommended that they have practical experience in installing, operating, and maintaining Cisco routers and switches in an enterprise environment.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Troubleshooting can be a time-consuming process. During outages, lost time comes at a price in terms of lost productivity or lost revenue. Knowing the environment in which you are troubleshooting is fundamental to efficient fault resolution. Any tool that can help reduce the time to diagnose and resolve problems quickly starts to yield a return on the initial investment. Optimizing the use of the tools built into Cisco IOS Software should therefore be a priority for any engineer that is involved in troubleshooting processes.
Cisco IOS Software supports many technologies and protocols that can be leveraged in combination with specialized tools and applications to support troubleshooting and maintenance processes, such as fault notification and baseline creation. Gathering and creating up-to-date and accurate documentation, and assembling a troubleshooting and maintenance toolkit are well worth spending time on. The effort invested in this will pay off during outages, when every minute counts.
This course reviews the built-in Cisco IOS tools and commands. It also assesses and evaluates their usage, features, and technologies that can be used in combination with specialized tools and applications.
Basic Cisco IOS Diagnostic Toolkit Assembly
- apply filtering to Cisco IOS commands to optimize the gathering of IP route information
- apply filtering to Cisco IOS commands to optimize the gathering of show information
- test network connectivity on the network and transport layers using Cisco IOS commands
- identify the Cisco IOS commands that can be used to gather information about the status and performance of the hardware
Specialized Maintenance and Troubleshooting Tools
- identify tools to support the troubleshooting process
- collect device and traffic statistics
- notify network management stations of the occurrence of significant events