Cisco TSHOOT 1.0: Planning Maintenance for Complex Networks
The audience profile for SkillSoft’s TSHOOT 1.0: Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks training will be established IT professionals. They should have completed 640-802 Cisco Certified Network Associate, or 640-822 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 and 640-816 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2. In addition to 640-802 Cisco Certified Network Associate certification, it is recommended that they have practical experience in installing, operating, and maintaining Cisco routers and switches in an enterprise environment.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Smooth network operation and high network availability have become crucial to organizations because they depend on their network infrastructure for most of their business processes. Unplanned downtime can quickly lead to loss of productivity, loss of reputation, or even direct loss of revenue. To maximize the availability of the network, while at the same time controlling the associated costs, it is important to plan network maintenance processes and procedures carefully.
In this course, the tasks that network engineers perform for maintaining large and complex networks are identified. The methodologies, models, and processes that help structure these tasks will be evaluated. In addition, organizational aspects, tools, and resources that engineers could use to execute these tasks more efficiently are also discussed.
Maintenance Tasks, Processes, and Procedures
- recognize commonly practiced network maintenance models and methodologies
- recognize the benefits of network maintenance planning
- recognize the importance of network documentation
- recover from device failures in a network
Network Tools, Applications, and Resources
- identify the importance of backup and restore services in network maintenance
- implement time and logging services and use web-based tools for network maintenance
- recognize the processes involved in supporting network maintenance
- configure network maintenance support services