CISM: Information Security Incident Management (Part 1)
Experienced IT security professionals seeking to pass the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) exam, or otherwise gain knowledge in managing, designing, and overseeing an enterprise’s information security.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Managing incidents, and the response that is put forward by an organization falls directly under the duties of a CISM. Organizations must have a plan in place, and must know the steps they will take to deal with incidents when they occur. This course examines what incident management is, how responses are prepared, and concepts and technologies that are used when dealing with incidents. This course also looks at the principles, importance of, and outcomes of incident management and how the information security manager, with the approval of senior management, prepares the people and the resources of the organization to deal with incidents when they occur. Finally, this course explains the steps for conducting a business impact analysis as technique used in effective incident management. This course prepares you for the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) exam and follows the 2015 ISACA Candidate Information Guide.
Incident Management and Response Overview
- identify the tasks within the incident management and response job practice area
- recognize incident management planning considerations
- order the steps in the incident management process
- recognize the elements of an incident management plan
- match causes of challenges in developing an incident management plan with corresponding solutions
- recognize key points related to incident management planning
Incident Management Resources
- matching key incident management roles and their corresponding responsibilities
- identify the roles that make up an incident response team
- recognize examples of personal skills required by members of an incident response team
- recognize examples of technical knowledge required by members of an incident response team
- recognize the activities that are performed during a business impact analysis
- conduct a business impact analysis using incident management resources