CISM: Information Security Program Development and Management (Part 3)
Experienced IT security professionals seeking to pass the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) exam, or otherwise gain knowledge in managing, designing, and overseeing an enterprise’s information security
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Information security managers are responsible for all administrative activities related to the development and management of an information security program. Those activities include such things as assigning and training security personnel, overseeing the creation and distribution of policies and other documentation, and monitoring the effectiveness of the security program itself. This course examines the many activities that an information security manager is responsible for and the skills required to perform them. This course prepares you for the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) exam and follows the 2015 ISACA Candidate Information Guide.
Administrative Activities of the IS Manager
- identify responsibilities of an information security manager related to administering an information security program
- identify good practices related to security personnel and positive security culture
- identify areas that should be part of a security awareness program
- identify areas that an information security manager must be aware of and raise awareness of amongst security personnel
- identify responsibilities of information security manager related to documentation
- identify project management processes that are performed by information security managers
- recognize key activities of the PDCA methodology
- identify key points regarding the evaluation of an information security program
- recognize key points related to information security management
- recognize key project management responsibilities of an information security manager
- recognize key points about evaluating an information security program