Collaborative Features in Word 2007
Personnel at all levels of the enterprise; advanced end-users seeking to attain proficiency in Word 2007; advanced end-users seeking to obtain Microsoft Office certification at in the use of Microsoft Word 2007; end-users seeking a basic IT certification such as ECDL/ ICDL4, or an equivalent.
The Microsoft Office 2007: Advanced Word learning path; familiarity with the Microsoft Windows environment and some experience of using Microsoft Office; competency in the use of Microsoft Word; an understanding of the Internet and web-page functionality, as well as an understanding of the process of web-page creation, would be an advantage.
Microsoft Office Word 2007 offers several options for securing and protecting Word documents as well as providing various collaborative features. This course demonstrates how to use Word 2007’s document security, which includes locking document formatting, password protecting a document, marking a document as read-only, using Document Inspector, viewing privacy options, and adding a digital signature. It explains the various workspace collaboration features available using SharePoint in addition to creating a document library. This course also discusses and demonstrates working with HTML to save a document as a web page and creating a web page in Word as well as how to create blogs in Word 2007.
Document Security and Workspace Collaboration
- lock document formatting
- assign a password to a document
- use the Document Inspector
- add a digital signature
- secure a document
- remove private information from a document
- upload a Word document to SharePoint
- create a document library and upload a Word document to it
- assign a specific password to open a document
- use the protect document feature limit formatting to a selection of styles
Working with HTML, and Blogs
- save a document as a web page
- set options for saving a Word document as a web page
- recognize how to get a blog account
- create a blog post
- save a document as a web page for Internet Explorer 6 or later
- assign a category to a blog post and upload it