All persons who work in areas where combustible dust is present
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Combustible dust is a hidden and insidious menace. Created during the normal course of production, combustible dust lurks in corners and crevices, within equipment and vents, on floors and other surfaces, and in the very air in which we work. A combustible dust explosion can cause immediate and catastrophic loss of life, injuries, and destruction of buildings and equipment. The ensuing fires, secondary explosions, flying debris, and collapsing structural components pose additional threats to both people and property.
This course will introduce you to the agencies that deal with regulations and standards for dealing with combustible dust, and will help acquaint you with the risks, controls, safe work practices, and proper procedures involved in dealing with this workplace hazard.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
Combustible Dust in the Workplace
- recognize the elements of a combustible dust explosion
- identify the characteristics of combustible dust
- recognize the purposes of conducting a dust hazard assessment
- identify measures for controlling combustible dust in the workplace
- identify who is responsible for complying with safe and healthy practices in the workplace
- match the combustible dust regulations and standards organizations to their descriptions