Communicating Effectively with Customers
Individuals who want to develop or refresh their customer service skills.
Effective communication is essential to the success of any customer-oriented business. Each customer will have their own style of communication as well as an emotional response to contacting a support center. In order to communicate effectively, the customer service representative (CSR) must understand how to adapt to these different styles and emotions before the customer’s problems can be dealt with. This course explains how to adapt to the different communication types and identify the common emotions that customers experience when contacting the support center. It also explains how to adapt your writing skills to communicate through e-mail and to document incidents.
Communication Skills for CSRs
- distinguish between techniques for meeting a customer’s psychological and business needs
- match techniques for understanding customers’ emotions with their descriptions
- identify the strategies used to build rapport with customers
- identify the strategies for adapting to a customer’s competency level
- recognize how to relate to the different communication styles
- sequence the stages of the call-flow process
- recognize best practices for writing professional e-mails and reports
- apply effective communication skills when dealing with customers