Compensation and Benefits: Organizational Responsibilities
Human resource professionals, managers, and all individuals preparing for the PHR and SPHR certification examinations of Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI); compensation and benefits analysts, administrators, staffing managers, and recruiters will also have interest in this certification path
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course examines noncash compensation methods such as equity programs and noncash rewards. It also discusses common benefits programs such as health coverage and employee assistance programs (EAPs). Fiduciary responsibilities related to compensation and benefits are also examined, particularly Social Security and Medicare. This course outlines the importance of effective and ongoing employee communications regarding organizational compensation and benefits programs, as well as employee self-service technologies.
This course helps prepare individuals for the Human Resource Certification Institute’s (HRCI) PHR and SPHR certification examinations.
- identify types of noncash compensation plans organizations can offer to employees
- recognize how to implement various formulas used to calculate contributions to defined benefit plans
- distinguish between various types of benefits programs
- identify the common types of health care plans offered to employees
- recognize fiduciary responsibilities related to compensation and benefits
- identify techniques employers can use to communicate information about benefits and compensation programs to employees
- identify what must be communicated to employees about benefits and compensation programs