CompTIA A+ 220-801: Networking Devices and Tools
Computer technicians who have the equivalent knowledge of at least 12 months of hands-on experience in the lab or field.
Candidates for the exam should have the equivalent knowledge of at least 12 months of hands-on experience in the lab or field.
A variety of devices are used in a network depending on the design requirements. Some devices, such as routers and switches, will be found on almost every network, while other devices, such as wireless access points and VoIP phones, are more specialized and will only be present if the needs of the network require them. This course describes a variety of network devices as well as the networking tools used to implement and facilitate testing of the medium which connects them. This course prepares the learner for CompTIA A+ exam 220-801.
Devices and Networking Tools
- distinguish between the functions of different network level devices
- recognize the advantages of NAS servers
- describe the key characteristics of firewalls
- describe the features of network devices
- match the networking tools to descriptions their functions
- identify the correct application for different network devices
- specify the appropriate network tool to use in a given scenario