CompTIA A+ 220-801: Operational Procedures
Computer technicians who have the equivalent knowledge of at least 12 months of hands-on experience in the lab or field.
Candidates for the exam should have the equivalent knowledge of at least 12 months of hands-on experience in the lab or field.
This course focuses on the important operational procedures that every IT professional should adopt, such as common safety procedures, environmental procedures, and how to plan for, and mitigate the risks of power interruption. It then goes on to discuss the important role that professionalism plays in being an IT professional, including communication and prohibited content and activity. This course prepares the learner for CompTIA A+ exam 220-801.
Safety and Environmental Procedures
- describe best practice when ensuring the safety of personnel in an IT work environment
- describe preventative maintenance measures for the workplace
- recognize how to guard against risks to data and equipment in an electronic environment
- describe measures for dealing with power outages
- use best practice to ensure the safety of staff in an IT work environment
- mitigate the risks to data and equipment in an electronic environment
- describe the key traits of a model IT professional
- describe best practice when dealing with customers
- match the key principles of information security to their descriptions
- describe measures that can be taken to ensure information security
- deal with customer complaints in a professional manner
- take steps to ensure information security