CompTIA A+ 220-802: Installing and Configuring Windows
Computer technicians who have the equivalent knowledge of at least 12 months of hands-on experience in the lab or field.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course focuses on installing and configuring the Microsoft Windows operating systems, covering the types of installations and configuration options available. It also covers Windows administration features including using the command line (CMD), and managing Windows by working with administrative tools and system utilities. This course prepares the learner for CompTIA A+ exam 220-802.
- choose a Windows installation method
- describe the different Windows installation types
- describe the decisions that need to be made prior to running a Windows installation
- distinguish between the formatting options available when working in Windows
- identify basic Windows configuration tasks
- determine the appropriate steps to take when installing Windows in a given scenario
- configure a Windows installation
- match the network commands to their functions
- describe the characteristics of key OS command tools
- add Administrative Tools to the Start menu
- choose the most appropriate administrative tool for a given task
- determine the required command to use in a given scenario
- use Administrative Tools