CompTIA A+ 220-802: Introducing Microsoft Windows
Computer technicians who have the equivalent knowledge of at least 12 months of hands-on experience in the lab or field.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course focuses on the Microsoft Windows Operating System, including Windows versions (Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7) and the differences between 32 and 64 bit versions, common Windows features such Windows Aero, Gadgets, and User Account Control (UAC). Finally the course discusses Windows tools, including Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, and Windows Security Center.
This course prepares the learner for CompTIA A+ exam 220-802.
- distinguish between Windows operating systems
- distinguish between 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems
- match Windows features to their descriptions
- match the security and administrative tools to their descriptions
- match the file system type to its description
- identify key characteristics of Windows OS upgrade paths
- determine what version of Windows is being used in a given scenario
- choose the appropriate Windows tool for a particular task