CompTIA A+ 220-802: Managing Windows
Computer technicians who have the equivalent knowledge of at least 12 months of hands-on experience in the lab or field.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course focuses on working with Windows, including using common Control Panel features, and the basics of networking. It then goes on to cover common Windows maintenance tasks, setting up security for Windows networking, and virtualization, the practice of running an operating system within an operating system.
This course prepares the learner for CompTIA A+ exam 220-802.
Sharing and Configuration in Windows
- describe the features of the Control Panel
- configure Windows using the Control Panel
- describe the characteristics of a workgroup
- connect to a network
- recognize how to improve network performance and functionality
- use the Control Panel to configure Windows
- use Windows networking features
Windows Maintenance and Security
- describe how to prepare for a backup
- perform Windows maintenance tasks
- describe the characteristics of System Protection
- describe the features of access control in Windows
- identify Windows user authentication considerations
- distinguish between the options available for implementing virtualization
- configure and maintain Windows
- choose a virtualization option for a given scenario