CompTIA A+ 220-802: Security and Data Disposal
Computer technicians who have the equivalent knowledge of at least 12 months of hands-on experience in the lab or field.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course focuses on information security, including physical security for computer environments. Beginning with security threats, it will cover physical security, and security best practices. It will then cover data destruction and securing networks, including wired and wireless networks.
This course prepares the learner for CompTIA A+ exam 220-802.
Physical Security and Best Practices
- identify the type of social engineering techniques being used in a given scenario
- identify malware attack types
- recognize the functions of physical security and authentication
- recognize methods used to protect resources
- identify IT security best practices
- determine which audit type should be used in a given scenario
- propose security solutions for given scenarios
Data Destruction and Securing Networks
- propose appropriate techniques for destroying magnetic media
- describe the functions of a data leakage prevention strategy
- describe how to connect to a network using an Ethernet connection
- describe how a firewall works when a connection is made
- recognize how to connect to a wireless network
- match the wireless network security measure to its description
- safely dispose of and protect sensitive data
- securely connect to wired and wireless networks