CompTIA Server+ 2009: IT Environment
Established IT professionals who wish to acquire job skills and to be trained specifically to pass the CompTIA Server+ 2009 certification exam
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, a Comptia A+ certificate is recommended.
A well managed network relies on accurate documentation, well designed policies, and efficient procedures. Understanding how to create good documentation, policies, and procedures can help ensure that a network is well run and that it can withstand the occasional crisis. Implementing these concepts at the server level is an excellent place to begin. This course covers the documentation, policies, and procedures that are the most necessary to server architecture. It provides a description of what each one is and how to go about creating the various elements. Along with good documentation, a well planned design of server space is key to a well managed network. The proper physical environment for optimal operation along with the physical security measures that should be put in place are also described in this course.
The course maps to CompTIA’s Server+ exam, SK0-003, and covers the following exam objectives: 4.1 Write, utilize, and maintain documentation, diagrams, and procedures; 4.2 Given a scenario, explain the purpose of industry best practices; 4.3 Determine an appropriate physical environment for the server location; 4.4 Implement and configure different methods of server access; 4.5 Given a scenario, classify physical security measures for a server location.
Documentation, Policies, and Procedures
- identify various types of documentation that a network administrator should maintain
- identify tips for using documentation as a network administrator
- recognize how to create documentation as a network administrator
- recognize how to use documentation as a network administrator
The Physical Environment
- recognize the optimal physical set up for a server room
- recognize various considerations related to server cooling
- match methods of remote server management with situations in which you would use them
- classify examples of physical security measures for a server location
- determine the optimal environment for a given server location
- determine the appropriate methods of remote management given a scenario
- recognize options for managing server security