Configuring Hardware and Applications in Windows 7
Individuals taking the first of the Windows 7 exams 70-680: TS: Windows 7 Configuring, which is required for the certification MSCA: Windows 7, Configuration.
At least one year of experience in the IT field, as well as experience implementing and administering any Windows client operating system in a networked environment
Configuring device and application support, restrictions, and compatibility is one of the main jobs of desktop administrators. Windows 7 has many features built into it to allow you to perform these actions. This course will examine how to install, configure, and troubleshoot devices drivers ; Applocker will be examined; application compatibility tools will be configured, and IE 8 will be examined to show how administrators can configure it for end user support. This course maps to exam 70-680: TS: Windows 7 Configuring. This exam is required for the certification MSCA: Windows 7, Configuration.
Configuring Devices and Application Restrictions
- recognize the requirements for driver signing in Windows 7
- troubleshoot device drivers
- automatically generate executable rules
- use auditing to track which applications are used
- troubleshoot device drivers and configure AppLocker
Configuring Application Compatibility and IE 8
- configure ACT
- identify the functions of the ACT components
- identify the ways in which Windows technologies may cause compatibility issues
- identify the features of IE 8