Cross-functional Team Fundamentals
Anyone who wants to develop or refine their skills for developing, utilizing, managing, and leading cross-functional teams within their organization
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Cross-functional teams are groups of employees from different functional areas of an organization such as Research, Marketing, and Human Resources who are all focused on a single goal. They’re often formed to design and develop new products, choose and implement new technologies through the organization, or control product costs. They can benefit your organization because they help to improve coordination and innovation across divisions. This course provides a fundamental understanding of what cross-functional teams are. It also details the advantages of using such teams and explains the kinds of situations where they’re most or least appropriate.
Understanding Cross-functional Teams
- recognize examples of cross-functional teams
- recognize how implementing cross-functional teams can benefit you and your organization
- recognize examples of the advantages of using cross-functional teams
- recognize when to use a cross-functional team
- recognize when not to use a cross-functional team