Custom Branding and Navigation for SharePoint 2010
Developers who use Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and consultants who provide consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Candidates for the exam should have a the following prerequisites: Exam 70-573: TS: Microsoft SharePoint 2010: Application Development, 3 years ASP.NET experience, 2 years experience developing with SharePoint 2007, and experience leading a development team.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 is a business collaboration platform where people can collaborate, set up web sites, manage documents, and provide intelligence to make key business decisions. This course provides insight into the branding of SharePoint, which includes working with master pages, page layouts, and application pages. It also covers working with navigation controls and providers. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-576: PRO: Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Applications. Passing this exam will earn the learner (MCPD): SharePoint Developer 2010 certification.
Branding and Navigation in SharePoint 2010
- work with master pages
- match the master page type with its correct description
- work with application pages
- work with site definitions and templates
- work with CSS and themes
- work with master pages and application pages
- work with site definitions, templates, and themes
Customizing the SharePoint Navigation
- work with top link bar navigation
- match the other navigation controls in SharePoint 2010 with their correct descriptions
- implement a site map provider
- recognize the navigation providers for SharePoint Foundation
- recognize the navigation providers and types for SharePoint Server
- recognize the custom actions to extend the SharePoint UI
- work with SharePoint navigation controls
- work with SharePoint providers