Customizing the SharePoint 2010 User Interface Programmatically
Developers who use Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and consultants tasked with providing consulting services for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. They should have proficient knowledge of Visual Studio 2008/2010.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 is a business collaboration platform where people can collaborate, set up web sites, manage documents, and provide intelligence to make key business decisions. This course provides insight into programmatically working with the SharePoint interface and site customization using Visual Studio 2010. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-573 (Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development). Passing this exam will earn the learner MCTS: SharePoint 2010, Application Development certification.
Customizing User Interface Elements
- work with features through code
- manipulate the SPWeb PropertyBag
- create a new SPWeb through code
- implement a dialog using the Dialog Framework
- customize the SharePoint user interface via Visual Studio
- create and display a dialog using the Dialog Framework
- customize the SharePoint ribbon user interface and the server ribbon
- customize site navigation
- customize the Quick Launch
- add links through the object model
- add a custom data source for navigation
- customize the SharePoint ribbon object
- customize SharePoint navigation and branding