CWLMS 4.0 – Implementing CiscoWorks LMS 4.0 (Cisco Prime LMS 4.2)
Learn to manage your network using Cisco’s completely reengineered Cisco Prime LAN Management Solution (LMS) version 4.2.
The scenarios presented in our labs are realistic and meaningful, guaranteeing practical experience managing and maintaining Cisco routers and switches. For example:
- When performing network discovery, you will work with SNMP v3 and SNMP v2 to deal with issues such as inconsistent SNMP community strings.
- Configuring LMS to communicate with devices using secure protocols like SSH and SCP while simultaneously maintaining support for Telnet and TFTP.
- Instead of simply viewing the current spanning tree in a switching environment, you will view a sub-optimal spanning tree, fix it, and then verify optimization by viewing it again.
- Instead of running a discrepancy report to see if there are any reported issues, you will definitely find issues and use the tools within LMS to fix the issues.
- Instead of running a fault analysis report to see if there are any current faults, you will cause fault conditions, see the alerts in real time, fix the fault conditions, and watch the alerts clear in real time.
- Instead of configuring the settings of each function for you, we leave them in their default state, allowing you to change settings as appropriate for the situations presented in the labs.
- You will configure and execute device discoveries, instead of finding the devices pre-populated in the LMS databases.
- Automate the inventory collection process and produce detailed reports
- Simultaneously deploy consistent configuration and operating system updates to multiple devices across your network
- Automatically maintain a historical archive of the configurations on all of your Cisco devices as the configurations change over time
- Build a library of Cisco operating systems and update the operating systems running on your Cisco devices
- Verify configuration compliance across the Cisco devices in your network
- Archive and report on configuration change history
- Visualize the topology of your network, including links between Cisco devices and Layer 2 spanning tree topologies
- Monitor and troubleshoot network performance and faults including latency and jitter tests
- Utilize the latest Cisco Prime Work Centers: Smart Install, TrustSec, Auto Smartports, and EnergyWise
- Maintain your Cisco Prime LMS server and optimize its administrative settings
Network administrators, managers, and technicians
- Knowledge of basic Cisco IOS configuration, TCP/IP, routing and switching, Microsoft Windows, and Internet browser navigation
1. Introduction to CiscoWorks LMS 4.0
- Defining Network Management
- Exploring the Network Management Process
- Basics of CiscoWorks LMS 4.0
2. Getting Started
- Installing CiscoWorks LMS 4.0
- Logging into CiscoWorks LMS 4.0
- Using the Getting Started Workflow
3. My Menu
- Basics of My Menu
- Managing Dashboards, Portlets, and Portal Layout
4. Inventory Management
- Collecting Inventory and End User Information
- Performing Device Administration
- Viewing and Creating Inventory, User Tracking, and Switch Port Reports
- Using Inventory Tools
5. Configuration and Software Management
- Managing the Configuration Archive
- Verifying Configuration Compliance
- Using Configuration Tools
- Using Configuration Workflows
6. Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Visualizing the Network with Topology Services
- Monitoring Network Performance
- Monitoring Network Response Time
- Monitoring Syslog Messages
- Monitoring Network Faults
- Using Troubleshooting Tools
7. CiscoWorks LMS Work Center
- Using Smart Install Work Center
- Using Identity Work Center
- Using Auto Smartports Work Center
- Using EnergyWise Work Center
8. CiscoWorks LMS Administration
- Using the Trust Management Menu
- Managing Collection Settings
- Performing Network Administration Tasks
- Performing System Administration Tasks