Data Search, Data Validation, and Macros in Excel 2013
Personnel at all levels of the enterprise; end-users seeking to attain competency in Microsoft Excel 2013; end-users seeking to obtain Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification at Core level in the use of Microsoft Excel 2013; end-users seeking a basic IT certification
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Excel 2013 provides time-saving tools to manage data, validate data, and automate repetitive tasks. You can import files, and add and adjust columns and rows, as well as edit workbook properties. Find and replace allows users to find and replace data, in a specific format, or within the worksheet or workbook. It also allows you to use wildcard characters to customize the search. Data validation can be applied to a cell or range to restrict the data being entered. You can put upper and lower limits, restrict the number of characters, put items in a list, or validate against other cells. You can also add error alerts and identify invalid data. This course will also introduce you to macros in Excel and show you how to automate repetitive tasks to make working in Excel easier.
This course will help prepare learners for the Microsoft Certification Exam 77-420: Excel 2013 which certifies individuals as Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS): Excel 2013.
- edit workbook properties in Excel 2013
- change the row height and column width in Excel 2013
- find and replace data in Excel 2013
- decide how to find and replace data in Excel 2013
- add basic data validation to a worksheet in Excel 2013
- use advanced data validation in Excel 2013
- decide how to use data validation in Excel 2013
Running and Creating Macros
- run a macro in Excel 2013
- create a macro in Excel 2013
- decide how to record a macro in Excel 2013 and make it available on Quick Access Toolbar and the ribbon