DB2 11 for z/OS Implementation Workshop
This course is for installers of DB2 10 z/OS and/or migration to DB2 11 for z/OS using the Install CLIST. The participants are involved in lectures that explain DB2 11 components and pointers, and the processes used to install or migrate from DB2 10 for z/OS. To reinforce the lectures, a series of labs are provided to give each participant hands-on experience installing DB2 10 for z/OS and migrating to DB2 11 for z/OS.
Students access a mainframe environment for the labs.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- ¯Prepare z/OS TSO environment to run the Install CLIST
- ¯Provide appropriate parameters for the Install CLIST
- ¯Execute the Install CLIST
- ¯Define DB2 10 for z/OS ¯
- ¯Define VSAM catalog and alias
- ¯Define system data sets and databases
- ¯Initialize system data sets and databases
- ¯Define DB2 10 for z/OS initialization parameters
- ¯Define user authorization exits
- ¯Record DB2 11 for z/OS data to SMF
- ¯Establish subsystem security
- ¯Verify the DB2 10 for z/OS installation
- ¯Update subsystem parameters
- ¯Create a new subsystem parameter module
- ¯Migrate DB2 10 for z/OS to DB2 11 for z/OS Conversion Mode
- ¯Enable DB2 11 for z/OS New Function Mode
- ¯Verify migration
- ¯Convert the BSDS and Catalog/Directory to 10-byte RBA and LRSN usage
Anyone responsible for maintaining, installing or migrating DB2 10 for z/OS to DB2 11 for z/OS, or installing DB2 11 for z/OS.