Deploying Windows 7 Using Lite-Touch Installation
Individuals undertaking high level Windows desktop administration certification, and possibly Windows Server Enterprise Support certification. The customer base will also include companies using Microsoft Windows desktop and server systems that need their IT staff certified to a high level.
Individuals should have at least 3 years experience installing, configuring, and administering clients in a Windows networked environment; Familiarity with client administration in Windows Server; Experience with deployment of operating systems and applications; Familiarity with Windows Server management tools such System Center suite.
Microsoft provides many different deployment strategies for deploying Windows operating systems and applications. Recently Microsoft released the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010, which provides faster deployment times using standardized desktop and server images to client machines within a network. Deployment Administrators can perform Lite-Touch Installations or Zero-Touch Installations for four deployment scenarios using MDT 2010 using deployment shares. This course demonstrates how to plan for and use LTI to deploy Windows 7 to client machines in a network. This includes creating a reference computer to capture the installation image and then deploying the image using bootable media to the target clients. This course is one of a series in the SkillSoft learning path that covers the objectives for the Microsoft exam: 70-686. Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator. Passing this exam will earn the learner Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator certification.
Using Lite-Touch Installation
- identify factors to consider when planning an MDT deployment
- recognize how to prepare the deployment environment for LTI
- recognize how to prepare a reference computer for LTI deployment
- recognize how to capture the image on the reference computer for an LTI deployment
- recognize how to prepare for deployment to the target computer
- deploy the captured image of the reference computer to the target computer
- create the deployment share
- create the task sequence to deploy the captured image to the target computer
- complete the Windows Deployment Wizard to deploy the image to the target computer