DOT 1: Introduction, Classification, and the Hazardous Materials Table
All personnel involved in the packaging, preparing, and handling of hazardous materials for highway transportation
This training course will introduce the requirements of the Department of Transportation’s Hazardous Materials Regulations, including definitions, the nine hazard classes, and the HAZMAT Table. The proper identification, preparation, and transportation of hazardous materials impact everyone’s safety. This course may be used to meet the requirements for general awareness or familiarization training. Your employer will provide additional general awareness, function-specific safety awareness, and security awareness training. The learning objectives of the course are to define terms associated with hazardous materials transportation, classify hazards according to DOT’s nine hazard classes, and recall and interpret information found in the HAZMAT Table.
DOT 1: Hazardous Materials Table was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
DOT 1: Hazardous Materials Table
- define terms associated with hazardous materials transportation
- classify hazards according to the DOT’s nine hazard classes
- identify information found in the HAZMAT Table columns 1 and 2
- identify information found in the HAZMAT Table columns 3 and 4
- identify information found in the HAZMAT Table columns 6 and 7
- identify information found in the HAZMAT Table columns 8 through 10 and Appendix A