This training course is intended for unqualified workers but can also be used to supplement qualified workers’ training
This is an awareness level course that covers how to work safely with electricity. It focuses on specific electrical hazards found in the workplace and methods to minimize or eliminate those hazards. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements.
Learner objectives are to recall basic rules of electricity as they relate to electrical safety, identify actions to take in an electricity-related emergency, recognize common electrical hazards, and describe methods to reduce or eliminate electrical hazards.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
Electrical Safety Awareness
- identify basic rules of electricity
- identify the electrical principles that were ignored for a given injury scenario
- identify common electrical related injuries and effects of electricity on the human body
- identify actions to take in an electrical emergency
- identify common electrical hazards of using extension cords and guidelines for avoiding them
- identify common electrical hazards
- identify factors related to overhead power line safety
- identify methods to reduce or eliminate electrical hazards