Embracing Organizational Change
Individuals who wish to develop or refine their skills for dealing with organizational change
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
It is normal to struggle when changes occur, but the proper coping methods can help you not only survive organizational change, but empower you to take control of your career, recognize new opportunities that come with the change, and propel your career forward.
This course covers best practices to help you accepting a new reality when things change, including acknowledgement of the changes and coming to terms with your new reality. This course also introduces the idea of reframing as a coping method for accepting organizational change. Finally, this course covers the importance of recognizing and capitalizing on the career opportunities presented by organizational change, including the importance of a career plan. Materials designed to support blended learning activities aligned with this course are available from the Resources Page.
Seeing Organizational Change as a Positive
- recognize statements that demonstrate a person is moving from resistance to acceptance
- use reframing to think differently about organizational change
- recognize examples of reframed attitudes toward change
- recognize examples of employees capitalizing on new opportunities as they go through organizational change
- recognize the benefits of proactively capitalizing on organizational change