Emergency and Disaster Preparedness Cal/OSHA
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
This course was designed and developed to provide instruction on emergency response, safety, reporting, and evacuation of company facilities and work areas in the event of a natural disaster, fire, bomb threat, or other emergency. The procedures contained in this training should be followed unless otherwise directed by your employer, police or fire department officials. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements. Learner objectives are to discuss the purpose and scope of an emergency response plan, describe the purpose and scope of an emergency evacuation plan, recall the actions to take in specific emergency situations, describe the purpose and scope of a workplace violence prevention plan, and identify specific actions to take in the event of a bomb threat.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.
Emergency Disaster Preparedness
- identify components of an emergency response plan
- identify the information you need to know to be prepared for an emergency evacuation
- identify the actions to take in the event of a fire
- identify the actions to take in the event of a hazardous substance spill
- identify the actions to take in the event of an earthquake
- identify the actions to take in the event of a flood or a tornado
- identify violent behavior and warning signs of violent behavior
- recognize ways to prevent workplace violence
- identify the appropriate response to a bomb threat